In order to be considered for this position, please complete our short 20 minute assessment by clicking "Start Here". You will be required to create a login and password. All answers are correct...just be honest. We will reach out once the assessment is completed and we have reviewed the results.
The Service Advisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service keeping in mind that our customer’s perspective comes first. This individual presents a friendly, professional greeting to customers and helps identify, confirm and offer resolution to customer concerns. The Service Advisor has a sincere desire to serve our customers. This individual finds and communicates additional repair and service needs to customer based on vehicle inspection. Serves as the communicator between customer and technician; ensuring the customer’s needs are understood by the technician and the needed and recommended service/repairs are understood by the customer.
The Service Advisor is supervised by the Service Manager.
Essential Functions and Duties
Area of Responsibility
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner in accordance with Incoming Telephone Calls standards (ITC).
- Follow the Initial Customer Contact (ICC) process:
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Identify, confirm and offer resolution to customer concerns.
- Communicate with customer what needs to be done, how much it will cost and when service will be complete.
- Assess customer needs by conducting a vehicle walk around.
- Attain agreement from customer for service needs.
- Offer a multi-point inspection.
- Write accurate repair orders using ADP system.
- Follow the Interim Customer Contact (ICC2) process:
- Provide estimates that are accurate and support upfront pricing guarantee.
- Obtain approval to review findings of multi-point inspection and associated prices.
- Obtain approval to proceed with Additional Service Requests.
- Dispatch repair orders to technicians following department dispatch policy and utilizing cost control methods.
- Communicate with technicians to gain clear understanding of services required and/or performed.
- Follow-up with customer during repair/servicing of vehicle so they are aware of status.
- Follow the Customer Delivery (CD) process:
- Receive and process cash or credit payment for all services performed.
- Upon completion of service promptly and professionally deliver vehicle to customer.
- Ensure the Sales 2 Service process is completely thoroughly by welcoming the customer and explaining what we will provide them.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) 100% or above
- Hours per RO 100% attainment of mfg goal defined by Lithia
- ILIFE Additional Service Request penetration 35% customers purchase ILIFE
- Effective Labor Rate Door Rate 90% attainment of store ELR
- Customer Pay Sales 60% of sales generated from customer pay
- Additional Service Request (ASR) 35% of customers purchase an ASR
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Communication skills – communicates effectively with others.
- Time management – managing one’s own time and time of others.
- Typing – ability to type efficiently in order to enter repair orders.
- Mathematics – calculating service costs and counting change.
- Basic computer skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 1/3 of time, driving vehicle 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds, safe driving based on current conditions and applicable laws.
- Working Conditions: Moderate to loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).