In order to be considered for this position, please complete our short 20 minute assessment by clicking "Start Here". You will be required to create a login and password. All answers are correct...just be honest. We will reach out once the assessment is completed and we have reviewed the results.
The Detailer is responsible for cleaning and preparing new, used, and serviced vehicles. The Detailer works under the direct supervision of the Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
• Greet and welcome all customers in a genuinely friendly and courteous manner.
• Assist all customers promptly and professionally.
• Install disposable seat covers, steering wheel cover, and floor mats in vehicles arriving for service.
• Responsible for cleaning of the exterior and interior of the vehicle.
• Clean engine and engine compartments • Inspect vehicles for noticeable defects and restoring the appearance of engine are, rugs, upholstery and painted surfaces.
• Responsible for preparation and applications of vehicle protection packages. • Must complete all work assignments according to applicable safety measures.
• Restoring appearance of vehicles to new or like-new condition to the best of your ability.
• Retrieve customer vehicles from the parking lot when their bill is paid or as directed.
• Review repairs before delivering vehicle to customer to ensure quality of work. Bring any issues with the work performed to the attention of your supervisor.
• Maintain the parking lot in a neat and organized manner.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Arrive at work on time, take breaks and lunch, and depart work at the times designated by management, using eTime to document.
• Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees or customers.
• Maintain a valid local area driver’s license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
• Thoroughness and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Communication skills – communicate effectively with others •
Time Management – ability to manage one’s own time •
Basic computer skills • Attention to details
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 1/3 of time, driving vehicle 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds, safe driving based on current conditions and applicable laws.
• Working Conditions: Moderate to loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
LITHIA HIRING REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate or equivalent. •
18 years or older
• Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
• A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
• Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).