In order to be considered for this position, please complete our short 20 minute assessment by clicking "Start Here". You will be required to create a login and password. All answers are correct...just be honest. We will reach out once the assessment is completed and we have reviewed the results.
The F&I Manager is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while helping customers choose products that protect their vehicle purchase. In addition, this individual works with lenders to obtain financing approval and completes all vehicle purchase and associated paperwork accurately and on time. The F&I Manager is responsible for following up on and collecting receivables. The F&I Manager reports to the General Sales Manager/General Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
• Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Help customers choose protection packages for their vehicle by presenting all products and their benefits.
• Ensure financing for customers; by building professional relationships with lenders and working with them to get the best financing available for our customers.
• Submit deals to bank electronically using appropriate dealer system.
• Enter transactions accurately into ADP and bank approval systems.
• Process all transaction paperwork and ensure it is accurate and meets the needs of the Office, state specific DMV and lender requirements.
• Track deal receivables and follow-up on outstanding items to ensure collection of all money and bank stipulations for contract funding.
• Participate in store meetings including Sales Receivables, Save-a-Deal and Store Manager meetings.
• Interact with sales team and sales managers to ensure transactions are completed accurately and to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Follow-up with customers as courtesy reminder for purchased products requiring customer action (ex. Protective coating applied)
• Assist Sales Team with customer engagement in the sales department during peak traffic times.
• Obtain all appropriate licensing within 90 days from date of hire.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
• F&I Deal Average $1100
• Warranty penetration 50% or higher
• Lifetime Oil penetration 50% or higher
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
• Communication skills – communicate effectively with others
• Time Management – ability to manage one’s own time
• Typing – ability to type efficiently to enter accurate information into tracking system
• Mathematics – ability to solve basic math calculations.
• Basic computer skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, kneeling, crouching to 1/3 of time, driving vehicle to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds, safe driving based on current conditions and applicable laws.
• Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment etc.
LITHIA HIRING REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• 18 years or older
• Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
• A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
• Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).