In order to be considered for this position, please complete our short 20 minute assessment by clicking "Start Here". You will be required to create a login and password. All answers are correct...just be honest. We will reach out once the assessment is completed and we have reviewed the results.
The Sales Manager manages the activities of all sales staff ensuring sales targets and customer service levels are achieved. This individual is responsible for training, cross-training, and development of all sales staff. The Sales Manager reports to the General Sales Manager. The Sales Manager directly manages Lot Attendants and Sales Representatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
• Sales Process Management o Ensure vehicles sales goals are attained by holding Sales Representatives accountable to Lithia sales process and customer experience.
o Manage daily activity of the sales staff using the daily work plan in LSMS to ensure sales volume and productivity goals are met.
o Ensure salespeople are engaging directly with the customer. When there isn’t enough sales coverage, engages directly with customer themselves.
o Walk lot everyday with sales team to ensure knowledge of vehicle pricing and excellent condition of inventory, advertising, banners and area grounds.
• Sales Staff Recruiting, Training and Development
o Train sales staff daily using meeting-in-a-box, role-play, storyboards, product demonstrations and product quizzes to ensure all are well versed in the sales process and manufacturer product knowledge.
o Develop effective sales staff by communicating expected performance standards, monitoring performance, identifying development needs, coaching and mentoring.
• Customer Engagement
o Ensure all customers greeted promptly in a professionally and friendly manner.
o Address and resolve customer concerns promptly and professionally.
o Assist Sales Representatives with customers when needed in order to ensure sale of vehicle.
o Remain aware of all customers on lot and ensure their customer buying experience is progressing as expected.
• Track ad sourcing by communicating with customers to identify what brought them to the store.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
• Sales Per Salesperson 10 units sold per person
• Manufacturer Sales Requirement (MSR) 100% of store goal • F&I Net $1000
• Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) 100% or greater of mfg’s zone group average
• Sales Gross Profit Depends on store
• Sales Associate Retention Rate (6 months)
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
• Teaching skills - teach others how and why to perform their job.
• Communication skills – communicate effectively with others •
Presentation skills - ability to present information in a clear and professional manner.
• Time Management – manage one’s own time and time of others.
• Typing – ability to type efficiently
• Mathematics – ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Basic computer skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 1/3 of time, driving vehicle 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds, safe driving based on current conditions and applicable laws.
• Working Conditions: Moderate to loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions.