Parsons House Cypress is a thriving independent and assisted living community (66 residents) seeking a dynamic individual to lead our culinary team as Dining Services Director (Executive Chef). This position is full time and will average 40 hours per week (NO LATE NIGHTS!). Our kitchen is in operation every day from 6:30am – 7pm. Experience in an Assisted Living or Nursing Home setting is REQUIRED. If you are you passionate about helping others, join our team of compassionate professionals!
As a culinary professional, we know you value quality dining experiences and creative growth. We operate a 90% from scratch kitchen! We care about producing nourishing, delicious, presentation-conscious meals for our residents.
Like what you hear so far? Keep reading!!!
The selected individual will lead the day-to-day operation of all food and beverage programs of our Assisted Living community.
Responsibilities of the Dining Services Director
• Manage dining services team and FOH and BOH service
• Food production: breakfast, lunch and dinner services
• Menu planning and serving
• Cook/store food according to temperature procedures as directed
• Maintain sanitation of the cooking and preparation areas, work table surfaces, stoves, etc.
• Maintain all inventory in proper containers, proper storage areas and with proper labeling and dating
• Maintain health department and state license requirements
• Additional duties as requested by management
• Enjoy working with and making a difference in the lives of seniors!
What we offer our Dining Services Director
• A family owned business that cares about their employees!
• Competitive pay package including health benefits (medical, health savings account, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short term and long term disability)!
• 401k with Employer Match!
• 6 days of Paid Holiday time per year!
• 11 days of Paid Time Off the first year!
• Free meal while on duty!
What we require of our Dining Services Director candidates:
Mandatory drug screen, TB test, nationwide criminal background check, and Food Management certification preferred. Commercial cooking experience in a fast-paced setting is desired.
Please apply online for immediate consideration!
People with experience in the following areas are likely a good fit: Executive chef, dining services director, Sous chef, chef, dining services supervisor, food service director, food service manager, scratch cook