Fine Dining Server
Position Title: Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Exempt Status: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Dining Manager
The Server Person is responsible for table service in the Community dining rooms.
(Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Sets tables and maintains work stations in proper order.
- Takes orders, provides service and requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Clears dishes from tables during and after meal service.
- Answers pertinent questions about menu items.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of customer service for our residents and their guests.
- Assists with dish washing and distribution of clean dishes if needed.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions in work areas.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Completes all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant or club with fine dining preferred; will train.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
- Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. independently
- Must be able to push and pull bus carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day
- Must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma preferred
• Minimum of one year serving experience
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION OR OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must hold current state-required sanitation (Safe Food Handling and/or Certified Food Manager) certification/license per state requirements