As a Cook, we know you value quality dining experiences and creative growth. We operate a 90% from scratch kitchen! We care about cooking nourishing, delicious, presentation-conscious meals for our residents. Even if you have never worked in an Independent or Assisted Living setting before, you should consider applying for our Cook position. Like what you hear so far? Keep reading.
NO LATE NIGHTS! Kitchen Closes at 7pm!
Parsons House Austin is seeking an experienced Cook for Full Time. Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays. Come join our team of compassionate professionals at Parsons House where we provide assisted living for seniors!
Cook Responsibilities include:
- Food production: breakfast, lunch and dinner services
- Provide shift supervision of BOH team
- Assist with menu planning and serving
- Cook/store food according to temperature procedures as directed
- Maintain sanitation of the cooking and preparation areas, work table surfaces, stoves, etc.
- Assist with all inventory in proper containers, proper storage areas and with proper labeling and dating
- Maintain health department and state license requirements
- Additional duties as requested by management
- Enjoy working with and making a difference in the lives of seniors!
What we offer our Cook position:
- All Overtime and Holidays worked paid at TIME AND A HALF!
- 12 days of Paid Time Off in your first year!
- Free meals during your work shift!
- Competitive pay package including 401k with employer match!
- Health, H.S.A., dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance!
- Great atmosphere with a supportive team!
- Must be able to cook from scratch in large volumes. Recipes will be provided.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must pass a nationwide criminal background check.
- Must be screened for TB and COVID-19