Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the Resident holistic wellness program, including but not restricted to resident assessment, muscular strength, aerobic and flexibility training, wellness education, social-recreational activities and volunteer program development and community resource coordinator.
• Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice, individuality, and a home-like environment for the Residents.
• Must enjoy working with seniors and have sensitivity to their needs.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, coordination, assignments, and retention of volunteers for the community.
• Coordinate activities to promote cohesiveness and camaraderie among volunteers.
• Assesses Residents for functional fitness levels and activity interests.
• Instructs and supervises group and individual physical exercises. Must be able to adapt exercises to the individual capabilities and functional fitness levels.
• Plans, organizes, and implements group and individual social and recreational activities.
• Develops activity calendars and newsletters.
• Must be able to motivate and encourage Residents to learn and engage in the programs.
• Trains and motivates Care Partners to assist with Life Enrichment activities.
• Monitors progress and effectiveness of exercise and activity programs and makes adjustments/changes, as necessary.
• Supervises all LE Partners and Volunteers.
• Responsible for maintaining Resident files for all forms relating to activities (i.e. assessments, physician release, work-out records, etc.).
• Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them appropriately.
• Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident records as required.
• Assists with open houses and other community functions as needed.
• Observes all work, safety, and administrative rules.
• Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
• Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety, and other emergency situations.
• Associate should perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• A passion for helping seniors
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience in organizing activities or event planning preferred
• Minimum 1-year Activities or Recreation Services experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creative and Energetic.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
• Must be able to drive a company vehicle (town car and 14 passenger van)
• Must possess a current driver's license and ability to meet approved driver requirements
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Associate must be able to lift 50 pounds, aid in resident transfers, walk/stand 80% or more of shifts, and respond to all resident and emergency needs quickly, with or without reasonable accommodation.
ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTABILITY Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting. Associates may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases. Possible exposure to unpleasant odors. Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MDS Manual. Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190 pounds with assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices. Must be able to push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.