POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assuring dependable and timely scheduled transportation services
with Resident safety the primary priority.
• Confirm transportation schedule as designated by the Life Enrichment Director, to
include date, time, type, locations, and directions.
• Transport Residents to and from activities/errands in safe, organized, and
• Maintain good communication with Life Enrichment associates regarding schedule, time
off, Resident relations, and condition of vehicle.
• Communicate with Residents at least 24 hours prior to departure to clarify times and
• Maintain company owned vehicles to keep them in safe, and efficient working order.
Inform Life Enrichment Director of any maintenance issues concerning the vehicles.
• Maintain vehicle interior in clean orderly fashion during and following usage.
• Fuel vehicle as needed and provide gas receipts to the Life Enrichment
Director or appropriate associate for processing.
• Coordinate activities with other departments as needed.
• Assist the Life Enrichment Partner and assist with other Resident-related,
clerical, and inventory duties within scope of qualifications and training as directed.
• Follow community policies and procedures to include emergency, fire and disaster
• Remain flexible for unscheduled emergency transportation.
• Assist the Life Enrichment Partner with resident activities as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A passion for helping seniors
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of one-year successful experience operating a bus is required
• Current Class C CDL with no major driving violations for the past 3 years
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families,
guests, and other associates in English
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to
finger, and handle controls. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The
associate is required to stand, walk,
and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to
Associate must be able to lift to 50 pounds, aid in resident transfers, walk/stand 80% or more of
shifts, and respond to all resident and emergency needs quickly, with or without reasonable
Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
Associates may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous
materials and infectious diseases.
Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MDS Manual.
Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand
and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190
pounds with assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices. Must be able to
push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater
than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.