POSITION SUMMARY: Assures proper functioning of all mechanical equipment and systems, including
routine and preventative maintenance. Maintains clean and safe physical environment for Residents.
• Implements and documents preventative maintenance program for community and
equipment as assigned
• Maintains grounds, including outside building repair, lawn maintenance and garbage
removal as assigned.
• Maintains inside of building, offices, and common areas in building, including
carpet and furniture cleaning, window cleaning, removal of trash and upkeep of vinyl floors as
• Maintains and/or oversees repair of community equipment; ensures that equipment is
functioning properly, and staff are trained appropriately in its use.
• Prepares apartments for move-in and completes refurbishing of units after move-out
• Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident units, the building and
the grounds and communicates them appropriately.
• Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
• Maintains fire safety and emergency records required by regulations as assigned.
• Maintains and distributes material safety data sheets as assigned.
• Maintains, in cooperation with the Executive Director, working procedures for
emergency maintenance as assigned.
• Maintains quality assurance records for physical plant as assigned.
• Maintains record of Resident repairs and work performed as assigned.
• Performs janitorial tasks and minor repairs as assigned.
• A passion for helping seniors
• High School diploma
• Performs structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, concrete, and furnishings of
• Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including
replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
• Replaces worn or damages parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts in machines and
equipment such as HVAC system, fountain, irrigation, vacuum and carpet cleaners, lighting systems,
exhaust, fire, and security systems.
• Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
• reas of property including, buffing, dusting, sweeping,
mopping, vacuuming, waste pick
up and removal, and washing windows.
• Manages streamlined process for handling resident service requests and
responds/corrects requests within 24 hours when possible.
• Maintains knowledge of current laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property
storage, and management of hazardous materials (including solvents, flammables, caustics, and
• Ensures current and accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service
requests, expenditures, resident room make-ready, work-in-progress, etc.
• Accompanies all vendors and Regional Maintenance Director during visits and
• Adheres to all safety, infection control, building, and life safety guidelines and
state regulations, and is always prepared for state surveys.
• Timely reporting of all damages and safety concerns to community management.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to
finger, and handle controls. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The
associate is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Associate must be able to lift to 50 pounds,
aid in resident transfers, walk/stand 80% or more of shifts, and respond to all resident and
emergency needs quickly, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
Associates may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous
materials and infectious diseases.
Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MDS Manual.
Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand
and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190
pounds with assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices. Must be able to
push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater
than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.