POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the HWD in maintaining the standards of resident care, and staff
blishing policies, and interpreting policies according to
the standards of nursing practice.
• Assures implementation of policies and procedures relating to Resident care.
• Supervises and assists in provision of all Resident services, including the
coordination of those provided by independently contracted ancillary health care providers as
requested by Residents and families.
• Conducts assessments, negotiates service plans, develops service schedules and
updates service information as indicates by Resident needs.
• Ensures that Residents are appropriately assessed on a timely basis and charged in
accordance with those assessments.
• Assists in the Social History Assessments and outlines life enrichment programming
through these assessments to include meetings with residents and families and
• implementation and follow up with associates and volunteers on life enrichment
• Assists Residents to participate in self-governance activity through Resident
council and committee meetings.
• Acts as an advocate for Residents and maintains communication with designated agents
as requested and required.
• Assures quality of Resident services.
• Assures a high degree of customer satisfaction at residence. Promptly investigates
complaints and reports findings and appropriate recommendations to the Executive
• Director. Ensures follow-up communication occurs to complainant and that
substantiated complaints are resolved to reasonable satisfaction of complainant.
• Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to Resident care (i.e.
State Regulations and OSHA, etc.).
• Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, their families, co-workers and
• Participates with the management team in the recruitment, interviewing, hiring,
supervision, evaluation and disciplinary process of community associates.
• Participates with the management team in assuring the availability of qualified,
appropriately trained associates.
• Assists in orientation and training of associates.
• Assures associate adherence to all policies and procedures, all work, safety and
• Promotes the company’s mission and philosophy.
• Maintains a professional demeanor with all associates.
• Develops and implements sales/marketing plans with the Executive Director and Sales
Team to accomplish occupancy targets.
• Develops and maintains a favorable public image; participates in community
organizations for the promotion of the community and SSL efforts on a weekly basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A passion for helping seniors
• Three years of nursing experience, including management experience
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English), both verbally and in
writing, with residents and staff
• Must have a genuine interest in the care of the elderly and for issues that impact
• Must be able to cope with high levels of stress that position may cause.
• Ability to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and to convey strong public-relations
• Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers,
residents, and staff
• Have effective organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
• Possess excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
Associate may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials
and infectious diseases.
Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The
employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190 pounds with
assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices. Must be able to push up to 350 lb.
(wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater than 190 pounds with the
assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.