Non Certified Care Partner
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for Resident services and other duties as assigned, and the
appropriate delegation of duties to the other staff and volunteers.
Duties include personal services housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational
activities, delegated tasks, medication assistance, meal services and other tasks as
needed for Resident well-being.
• Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence,
choice, individuality and a home-like environment for Resident.
• Establishes and maintains close liaisons with residents and families through
frequent communication. Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
• Receives and gives report from the previous shift.
• Reviews assignments with Executive Director/Designated Supervisor.
• Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident
records as required.
• Assists with orientation of new staff to job responsibilities.
• Assists with instrumental activities of daily living, ADL’s, environmental
orientation, assistance with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and
• Assists with setting up, serving meals and cleaning up afterwards.
• Provides services as indicated on Resident treatment and service plans.
• Assists Residents moving in and out, as assigned.
• Assists with laundry service.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
• Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for Residents, staff and
visitors, including housekeeping services for Residents
• Observes problems, concerns and issues with Resident units, the building and the
grounds and communicates them appropriately.
• Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them
• Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
• Observes all work, safety and administrative rules.
• Associate should perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Willingness to adhere to assisted living principles in providing services.
• Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
• Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities. Maintains
compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal
and State regulations and standards, including but not limited to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality
laws. Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation
procedures of the community during drills and actual emergencies.
• Performs various treatments not requiring license nurse or as allowed by the state
regulations (hot/cold applications, vital signs, weights, etc.).
• Maintains acceptable attendance record/follows work schedule.
• Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress
• Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks;
requires minimal supervision.
• Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
• Displays ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
• Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public and co-workers. Works
cooperatively with management.
• Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
• Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
• Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
• A passion for helping seniors.
• High school diploma or GED
• Experienced Caregiver or Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA) per state
• One-year experience in working with older adults preferred Demonstrated ability to
communicate effectively (in English), both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
• Ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime, as needed.
• Must have a genuine interest in the care of the elderly and for issues that impact
• Must be able to cope with high levels of stress that position may cause.
• Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
• Ability to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and to convey strong public-relations
• Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers,
residents, and staff.
Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
Associates may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous
materials and infectious diseases.
Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the SDS Manual.
Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
Must be able to tolerate occasional exposure to pets, dust, fumes, odors, water, etc., as well as
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand
and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190
pounds with assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices. Must be able to
push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater
than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and distance